Client Pictures

"These children are pearls, cause them to be nurtured within the shell of Thy loving-kindness." -'Abdu'l-Baha

Friday, February 12, 2010

Anger Management

We are not really angry people, it's just that sometimes we forget to be patient and control our reactions. As a mother of two small children who are constantly getting into cream, spilling stuff, climbing counters and other chaotic behaviour, I have noticed that my patience slips and I get angry more than before I was a mother. This morning after yet, another mess, I shouted and my daughter shouted back. If I want to teach her to deal with this world with wisdom, attention and intention, I need to be an example of it. "Women are the first educators of the next generation.", and if we want to teach our children good virtues we need to become calm and wise warriors (like Mister Miagi in the Karate Kid). From today I am taking on the challenge to catch the fly with chopsticks and stop myself before I let my anger take hold and manifest itself through immature words and volumes towards my children. Wish me luck, and good luck to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment