Client Pictures

"These children are pearls, cause them to be nurtured within the shell of Thy loving-kindness." -'Abdu'l-Baha

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Remembering the Pre-Momma You

I did it! I took a holiday without my family. In 6 years I had only ever taken 2 days off from parenting for a get-a-way weekend with hubby. I realized I needed a more significant break. My grandpa paid for my ticket to the US (thanks for the amazing birthday present grandaddy!) and so I left. I cried, wept, convulsed even, but then I got over it and after a good wobbly and nap, left on an afternoon flight. I knocked out my emotions that morning so my eyes were dry at goodbye time. Amazingly, I have felt free and fine ever since! I realized that I had began to forget my personality and was consumed with my role as mother. I finally have had a moment to step back, relax, enjoy my friends and family with no responsibility to little people (thank you hubby and in-laws for taking the reigns!). I am now refreshed, have had some time to gain some wisdom, independent life experience and renew my energy. I am confident that I will now go home and have a little more patience and a little more life wisdom to offer my husband and kids. I decided not to allow myself to feel like I was being a bad mom for leaving. I know my family also wanted me to enjoy this trip and so I did! I checked in every few days and we shared happily what they were up to and assured them of my love. Now that I have remembered myself I am confident I will love and serve my family better upon my return. What a gift! Even if you don't go as far or for as long, once your children are old enough to explain that mommy needs to go.....then GO!!! Allow yourself the gift of guilt free recuperation and everyone in the family will benefit!

No comments:

Post a Comment